From Press Release:
Victoria, BC. The Merkin Sisters is a no-holds-barred physical comedy about a strangely hilarious sibling rivalry: two fallen socialites endeavour to create the Ultimate Piece of Art, using any means necessary. A mash-up of uncensored comedy, theatre, dance and puppetry, The Merkin Sisters may just be the most outrageous show to hit Victoria, coming One-Night-Only to the Metro Studio Theatre on Wednesday December 13th.
As a new creative duo, The Merkin Sisters is created and performed by multi-award winning puppeteer Ingrid Hansen and critically acclaimed choreographer and storyteller Stéphanie Morin-Robert. Their duo show The Merkin Sisters is what they call “a vivacious romp sending up our inner caveman and our ultra-queens, smothered with the unique flavour of absurdity that comes from siblings surviving childhood together.”
Hansen is known to Victoria audiences for her work with SNAFU, including cult-hit shows Little Orange Man, Kitt & Jane: An Interactive Survival Guide to the Near-Post-Apocalyptic Future, and, most recently, the sci-fi trip Interstellar Elder about a renegade grandma in space. Morin-Robert is a Victoria Fringe favourite with her sold-out show Bushel and Peck. Touring extensively since 2010, Hansen and Morin-Robert have collectively performed over 400 shows across Canada, Europe, Japan and the United States. Together they have accumulated a wealth of Best-of-Fest, Best Comedy, Best Physical Theatre, Best English Theatre, Best Choreography, Best Clown awards and multiple 5-Star reviews.
- The Merkin Sisters plays at the Factory Theatre Mainspace. (125 Bathurst St.)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes and discounts for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Content Warning: Fog or haze effects.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Thursday July 5th, 6:30 pm
- Sunday July 8th, 6:30 pm
- Monday July 9th, 8:30 pm
- Tuesday July 10th, 10:00 pm
- Wednesday July 11th, 5:45 pm
- Friday July 13th, 12:00 pm
- Saturday July 14th, 3:30 pm
Photo provided by company.