Today will mark the first in our daily posts giving away free tickets to Toronto Fringe Productions.
The contests will be posted daily from today until July 15 (for shows from July 6 to 17).
I’m doing this quick preamble post just to let you know how it’s come about. But then later this afternoon I will post the first of the contests.
Every Fringe company that sent us a press release has been invited to participate in a ticket give-away with Mooney on Theatre. It’s a great way to spread the word about the shows, and give our readers an opportunity to do even more Fringing!
The winners will be chosen by random draw, and the only thing we ask of them (other than to show up and get their tickets to see the show) is to drop us a line and let us know what they thought of the piece.
So, keep your eyes open for posts with the subject heading “Fringe for Free! Toronto Fringe ticket giveaways for shows playing on ____________” Then take a minute to enter and you will be Fringing for free!
For your reference, these are the rules (they will also be posted on each contest):
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to email@example.com (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Each show counts as its own contest, and each entry must be in a separate email. So, if 5 shows are giving tickets away on a given day, and you want to try for each of them, then you need to send 5 emails.
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email by 9pm on the day of contest closing and need to confirm their attendance 10am AT THE LATEST the following morning so that their names can be given to the theatre company for tickets to be set aside.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.