From press release
Ever wondered what happens after we figure out time travel? Hollywood would have us think it’ll all be evil-doers and paradoxes. But what if it’s crass exploitation for cheap thrills? What if it becomes as lowbrow as reality television? Bugger The Butterfly! ponders a world where time-travel, like so many other miracles of technology, has become banal. Celebrity–filled, boozy, irreverent, and just a little bit gay, Bugger the Butterfly! answers Cher’s question for the ages – what would you do ‘if you could turn back time’?
Pencil-Neck Theatre is proud to present Bugger the Butterfly!, their new production by the author of past Fringe hits: Gypsies, Four Ways ‘Til rain, SERVICED, BASH, and 2009’s multiple award winning A Singularity of Being. Bugger the Butterfly! is a smart, speculative comedy about our futurein time-travel. Written by award-winning author T. Berto, Bugger the Butterfly! features Kenny Grenier as Diego, our hero from the future, and Gordon Harper as an early Peter O’Toole. Bugger the Butterfly! is the seventh Fringe production of playwright T. Berto, FIRST PLACE WINNER of both the 2000 and the 2009 Toronto Fringe Playwriting contest.
- Thursday July 6th, 06:30 pm
- Saturday July 8th, 04:00 pm
- Sunday July 9th, 07:30 pm
- Tuesday July 11th, 10:15 pm
- Thursday July 13th, 05:45 pm
- Friday July 14th, 04:00 pm
- Saturday July 15th, 01:45 pm
- Bugger the Butterfly! (Or My Sci-fi, Hollywood Adventure) plays at The Theatre Centre’s Franco Boni Theatre. (1115 Queen St. W.)
- Tickets are $12. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- This venue is accessible.
Photo of Gordon Harper and Kenny Grenier by Anto Zerducci.