From press release
Bold, spiteful, and hilarious—Prairie Fire, Please is proud to present Madeleine Says Sorry. Failed actor, Madeleine, loses her big break to a wiener dog—so she attempts to drown it. Now she must apologize not only to the dog, but to all of society.
Madeleine Says Sorry is a dark comedy about the monsters created by performative activism and political correctness.
This world premiere satirizes our apologetic Canadian culture. It invites audiences to question how our morals are constructed. Audiences need to see this show to consider the harm we can cause by blindly adopting opinions. We must examine the inequities within our own activism and allyship. In a time that screams for revolution, we need to force less, and listen more.
- Thursday July 6th, 06:00 pm
- Saturday July 8th, 01:30 pm
- Monday July 10th, 07:30 pm
- Wednesday July 12th, 01:15 pm
- Thursday July 13th, 04:30 pm
- Friday July 14th, 10:30 pm
- Saturday July 15th, 06:15 pm
- Sunday July 16th, 12:30 pm
- Madeleine Says Sorry plays at the Theatre Passe Muraille Backspace. (16 Ryerson Ave.)
- Tickets are $12. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warning: Mature Language.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible, with some tight cornering. Accessible seating is in the front row.
Photo of Anthony Perpuse and Madeleine Brown by Jordan Laffrenier