From Press Release:
TORONTO, ON – For eleven evenings in July, as part of the Toronto Fringe Festival’s site-specific category, we’ll embark on an hour-long performance/sail around the Toronto Islands. It’s contemporary performance. It’s an intimate summer boat cruise. And, it’s all for only $12. Where else can you have a summer sail for only $12??? This is sure to be the most unique ticket at the Fringe. The boat only seats 35 passengers so the tickets will sell out fast!
Featuring some of the best emerging talent in TO’s contemporary theatre scene, Flooded is a new work from celebrated artist Ara Glenn-Johanson (USA) that dives into theatrical territory rarely seen in the city. In this non-narrative and highly physical show, performers grow into humping dinosaurs, fight the patriarchy with luscious locks, climb bodies in search of the right embrace, and stare at the sea. There is a mystery in every pelvis and we just might awaken yours.
- Flooded: A Show And Sail Around The Toronto Islands plays at the Pirate Life Boat. (333 Lakeshore Boulevard)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes and discounts for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Content Warnings: Sexual content; Unconventional venue; Outdoors; Vigorous physical activity.
- The Fringe Festival considers this venue to be wheelchair-accessible.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Wednesday July 4th, 7:00 pm
- Thursday July 5th, 7:00 pm
- Friday July 6th, 7:00 pm
- Saturday July 7th, 7:00 pm
- Sunday July 8th, 7:00 pm
- Monday July 9th, 7:00 pm
- Wednesday July 11th, 7:00 pm
- Thursday July 12th, 7:00 pm
- Friday July 13th, 7:00 pm
- Saturday July 14th, 7:00 pm
- Sunday July 15th, 7:00 pm