From Press Release:
TORONTO, ON Â â€“ For eleven evenings in July, as part of the Toronto Fringe Festivalâ€™s site-specific category, weâ€™ll embark on an hour-long performance/sail around the Toronto Islands. Â Itâ€™s contemporary performance. Itâ€™s an intimate summer boat cruise. And, itâ€™s all for only $12. Where else can you have a summer sail for only $12??? This is sure to be the most unique ticket at the Fringe. Â The boat only seats 35 passengers so the tickets will sell out fast!
Featuring some of the best emerging talent in TOâ€™s contemporary theatre scene, Flooded is a new work from celebrated artist Ara Glenn-Johanson (USA) that dives into theatrical territory rarely seen in the city. In this non-narrative and highly physical show, performers grow into humping dinosaurs, fight the patriarchy with luscious locks, climb bodies in search of the right embrace, and stare at the sea. Â There is a mystery in every pelvis and we just might awaken yours.
- Flooded: A Show And Sail Around The Toronto IslandsÂ plays at the Pirate Life Boat. (333 Lakeshore Boulevard)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offersÂ a range of money-saving passes and discountsÂ for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchasedÂ online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Content Warnings: SexualÂ content; UnconventionalÂ venue; Outdoors; VigorousÂ physicalÂ activity.
- The Fringe Festival considers this venue to be wheelchair-accessible.
- Be aware thatÂ Fringe performances always startÂ exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Wednesday July 4th, 7:00 pm
- Thursday July 5th, 7:00 pm
- Friday July 6th, 7:00 pm
- Saturday July 7th, 7:00 pm
- Sunday July 8th, 7:00 pm
- Monday July 9th, 7:00 pm
- Wednesday July 11th, 7:00 pm
- Thursday July 12th, 7:00 pm
- Friday July 13th, 7:00 pm
- Saturday July 14th, 7:00 pm
- Sunday July 15th, 7:00 pm