From Press Release:
Join a party of award-winning comedians in this improvised love letter to the world’s most popular roleplaying game. Set in the Realm of T’Rannah, a fantasy Toronto featuring such familiar landmarks as “The Sky Dome” and “Fort Ork,” our heroes will have to tackle dangers like the Tomb of Eton or a fire-spitting Drake! Audience members will be called upon to take up the twenty-sided Die of Power and roll to determine the successes (or critical failures) of our intrepid adventurers.
Sex T-Rex’s D&D Live! has been running since 2012, and has seen sold-out houses at Bad Dog Theatre every month over the past year. Buoyed by references in such popular media as Stranger Things, Adventure Time and Community, Dungeons and Dragons is gaining a whole new generation of players and may be more popular today than ever before. D&D Live! is unscripted adventure comedy at its finest, and a delight for both the uninitiated and epic-level nerds.
Featuring Conor Bradbury, Julian Frid, Liz Johnston, Ted Hambly, Stephanie Malek, Kaitlin Morrow, Seann Murray, Sean Tabares and Chris Wilson (Second City Toronto mainstage); plus new additions to the D&D Live! cast: Kyah Green (Kinsey Fail, Bad Dog Theatre), Isabel Kanaan (CBC’s Air Farce, NBC Universal Bob Curry Fellowship, Factory Theatre’s Prairie Nurse) and more!
With a special guest appearance by Colin Mochrie on Wednesday, July 11th at 12pm!
- D&D Live plays at the Helen Gardiner Phelan Playhouse. (79 St. George St.)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes and discounts for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Content Warnings: Mature language; Audience participation.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Thursday July 5th, 8:45 pm
- Saturday July 7th, 12:00 pm
- Monday July 9th, 10:15 pm
- Wednesday July 11th, 12:00 pm
- Friday July 13th, 4:00 pm
- Saturday July 14th, 5:45 pm
- Sunday July 15th, 7:30 pm
Photo by Nicholas Melo.